Do I Need A Cavity Filling?
Even with great daily brushing and flossing, decay, chips, cracks, and other dental problems can still happen. It’s important to visit your dentist as soon as possible when you think you may have a decayed or damaged tooth. You may have a cavity if:
- You experience pain in your tooth
- Your tooth is sensitive to temperature
- You notice dark spots on your teeth
- Your tooth hurts when you bite down or chew
- You notice that the floss frays or breaks when flossing between two specific teeth
Without attention from your dentist, the cavity will continue to worsen as the enamel softens and the tooth structure breaks down. Untreated cavities can lead to more severe problems in the future, such as abscess formation, infection, severe pain, swelling, and even tooth loss.